Bulletin October 20, 2008
Official bulletin of the Rotary Club of Attadale
Vol 26 No 11 Bulletin - 20th October 2008
Meets 6pm for 6.30 pm at Royal Fremantle Golf Club,
359 High Street, Fremantle.
PO Box 110 Melville WA 6156
APOLOGIES to Peter Knox Tel: 9330 2559 by 10am Mondays
SAUSAGE SIZZLE ROSTER
Ron Day 3rd October
John Bray 6th October
Jean Smailes 13th October
Winston Marsh 22nd October
Greg James 22nd October
Ghita Andersen 24/10/2005
Mal & Elaine Bennett 4th October
Colin & Dot Treloar 26th October
Door Prize John Bray
Lucky Joker Ron Day
Recent Attendances 90.60% (well done!)
Once again, we extend our best wishes for a speedy recovery to all members and partners who are unwell and not feeling 100% at this time. Our thoughts are with you as we look forward to enjoying your fellowship once again in the near future.
· Monday 20th October - Forum/ Committee meeting
· Sunday 26th October – 4pm at Cygnet Theatre, “The Women” $10pp, 4pm start of show
· Tuesday 4th November – Melbourne Cup Luncheon
· Wednesday 5th November – Speed Networking evening 5:30pm Royal Fremantle Golf Club
· Monday 10th November – Combined meeting Attadale Probus and Rotary
· Thursday 20th November – Launch of new charity “nutrition Plus Inc” – Novotel Hotel
· Saturday 22nd, Sunday 23rd November- Sausage Sizzle
· Monday 17th November - Forum/ Committee meeting
· Wednesday 26th November – Prospective members Sundowner
· Monday 1st December – Rotary Family Entertainment Night
· Wednesday 10th December – 7pm at Cygnet Theatre ,“Australia” $12pp
· Monday 22nd December - Xmas Party
· Saturday 27th Monday to Monday 29th December – Water Polo – Parking
· Friday 2nd January 2009 – Barbecue Night
· Sunday 8th February 2009 – Crabbing Day
· Sunday 22nd February – Bowls Night
· Tba – Picture Theatre Night
· TBA - Weekend Away - possibly in April 2009
MELBOURNE CUP LUNCHEON
· Our Hospice
· The Royal Flying Doctor Service
· 67A Preston Pt Rd, East Fremantle
· 4th November 2008 at 10.30am
· RSVP 1st November (Jenny 9438 2340, Pat 9332 7063, Joan 9315 9779)
Tickets are just $30
Complimentary Champagne/Wine on arrival (BYO alcohol)
Fruit punch and soft drinks provided.
Sweeps, raffle tickets and door prize
Easy parking on Fraser St.
Thank you from Nancy Bray
Operation Christmas Child – Love in a Shoebox project –
Many thanks again for the wonderful generous response from the Rotary Club of Attadale members who contributed to the project. Together with the Bicton/Como Uniting Churches we collected and assembled 205 boxes plus $1708 towards freight costs. A tremendous effort was made by all involved. Thank you for the many ways you helped, bringing much joy and blessings to these little ones at Christmas time in the knowledge that people do care. Special thanks go to to Phyl & Peter for the collections
2009 RI Convention in Birmingham, England, 21-24 June
Be a part of history and celebrate the 100th Rotary convention, which will take place in Birmingham, the heart of England!
If you haven’t been back to Birmingham since the 1984 convention, you may not recognize this former industrial town. Now a lively canal city known for its outstanding shopping and dining, Birmingham — or Brum, as the natives call it — underwent a dramatic facelift in the 1990s. The transformation resulted in a modern, more pedestrian-friendly city that retains traces of its medieval and Industrial Age roots.
Download the convention booklet for more reasons to come to Birmingham in 2009. This 24-page booklet also contains registration, hotel reservation, and Host Organization Committee forms.
Register early and save
Register early for the convention to take advantage of special pricing!
First deadline: 15 December Second deadline: 31 March
Register online. It’s convenient and secure. Your confirmation materials will be e-mailed to you.
Or download the registration form.