Bulletin November 17, 2008
Official bulletin of the Rotary Club of Attadale
Vol 26 No 13 Bulletin - 17th November 2008
Meets 6pm for 6.30 pm at Royal Fremantle Golf Club,
359 High Street, Fremantle.
PO Box 110 Melville WA 6156
APOLOGIES to Robin Hamilton Tel: 9315 3445 by 10am Mondays
SAUSAGE SIZZLE ROSTER
Elsa Anderson 7th November
Helen James 8th november
Freya Taylor 22nd November
Evadne Spickett 22nd November
Jim Trotter 22nd November
Tom Slater 22nd November 1993
Ron Day 5th November 2001
Jeff Spickett 14th November 2005
Carole Maxwell 14th November 2005
John & Trish Sharp 15th November
Ian & Jacquie Pittaway 16th November
Winston & Judy Marsh 20th November
Jim & Patricia Trotter 22nd November
Recent Attendances 79 %
· Thursday 20th November – Launch of new charity “nutrition Plus Inc” – Novotel Hotel
· Saturday 22nd, Sunday 23rd November- Sausage Sizzle
· Monday 17th November - Forum/ Committee meeting
· Wednesday 26th November – Vocational visit to Little Creatures Brewery at 5.30 pm for 5.45pm Address is 40 Mews Road, Fremantle. Meet in hall at front of building on ground floor. Cost is expected to be $15.
Entertainment Night – Monday 1st December 2008
· Ladies, partners, family and friends
· A night to recognise our “family members”
· No guest speaker, limited formalities
· An opportunity to mix, mingle and catch up with present, past and perhaps future members.
· Entertainment spots (local talent)
· A great social event
· 6.30pm for 7.00pm
· Cost $23pp
· Let Peter Knox know how many of you will be coming
“Family of Rotary” committee
· Wednesday 10th December – 7pm at Cygnet Theatre ,“Australia” $12pp
· Monday 22nd December - Xmas Party
· Saturday 27th Monday to Monday 29th December – Water Polo – Parking We need four people each shift from the time of 5.30pm to approx 8pm each day. Roster sheet coming around in a few weeks.
· Friday 2nd January 2009 – Barbecue Night
· Sunday 8th February 2009 – Crabbing Day
· Sunday 22nd February – Bowls Night
· Tba – Picture Theatre Night
· TBA - Weekend Away - possibly in April 2009
Sarah Banks of 8 Cantray Ave, Applecross, has been proposed by John Bray for membership of the Rotary Club of Attadale. Sarah has long experience in social work and counselling, however her current activity is jewelry designing which would be her rotary classification. Sarah is familiar with the Rotary movement, her father and husband both having been rotarians. Any objections to this proposal must be lodged with the Secretary in writing no later than Friday 28 November 2008.
Thousands of people aged 30 and younger participate in Rotary programs to learn skills that will help them become future leaders.
Youth programs allow participants to discover more about themselves and the world by participating in community projects, leadership training, or cultural exchanges.
Young people also learn about the principles of ethics, service, and fellowship that Rotarians exemplify.
Rotary Youth Exchange Rotary Youth Exchange students may spend up to a year living with host families and attending school in a different country.
Rotaract men and women ages 18 to 30 can help in their community through Rotaract, a Rotary-sponsored service club.
RYLA RYLA emphasizes leadership, citizenship, and personal growth.
Call for applications for the 2009 International RYLA The International RYLA is a special, invitation-only event where young leaders from all across the world come together to celebrate Rotary's commitment to youth.